"I own you for 4 years. You okay with that?"
really??? Yeah, now I’m really gonna have a Neal/Peter train of mind
Don’t get me started…
One of TV’s most stylish shows – White Collar – is finally coming to an end. The show’s star Matt Bomer has been tweeting pictures from his last day on set and things are looking sharp as ever.
Since it premiered in 2009, White Collar has continually managed to impress us with the wardrobe of its main character, Neal Caffrey, portrayed by the indomitable Matt Bomer.
Along with Suits and Mad Men, White Collar is a sartorial sensation. It will surely go down in history as a pop-culture record of everything hot in the world of men’s suiting in the early 21st century.
Yesterday, on set in New York, Bomer tweeted a picture of himself with the other cast members. He wore a mid-grey suit with his signature skinny tie and narrow-collared shirt.
Another image featured Bomer in narrow black pants and a separate vest (below).
Like Harvey Specter in Suits and Don Draper in Mad Men, Neal Caffrey is a modern legend of suiting. How might you incorporate some of his style into your look?
Neal Caffrey’s style
- Go slim all the way. From the lapels to the pants, Caffrey is only ever seen in a rat-pack style, slim fit suit.
- Minimalism is key to dressing like Caffrey. Wear pants and jackets with as minimal look as possible. This means a single-breasted jacket, 2 buttons or less, and a small trouser break (the area where your trousers hit your shoes and crease slightly).
- For shirts, you can wear more patterns, but mainly stripes, not checks. Contrast collars and light blues, purples and pastels are also classic Caffrey looks.
- Wear narrow ties, never wide. Small polka dots and stripes are acceptable. Always wear a tie bar for that vintage look!
- Always wear a pocket square but keep it minimal, never showy.
- Wear simple, black, plain toe blucher shoes.
- Don’t forget the fedora! Neal Caffrey often rocks one when walking outdoors. If you want to go all out, practice Neal’s fedora hat trick with this video. [x]